How To Prevent Frozen Pipes Or Burst Pipes (Winter Plumbing Problems)Posted by Derrick Jackson on Feb 12, 2014 in Frozen Pipes | Comments Off on How To Prevent Frozen Pipes Or Burst Pipes (Winter Plumbing Problems)
* Always insulate pipes in unheated or poorly heated portions of your home. This will help prevent frozen pipes and burst pipes.
* Insulate your water heater. A plumber can best help you withi this process.
* Seal off anywhere that has air coming in. Seal in cracks or holes in your basement or crawlspace to prevent the cold from getting in.
* The cabinet beneath your sink should be opened at night to allow warmer air to heat the area. This will prevent frozen or broken pipes under your sink.
* Always disconnect outdoor plumbing elements such as hoses.
* Educate yourself on where you water shut off valve is for the house. In case of an emergency, such as a burst pipe, knowing where this is can help prevent thousands in damage.
If you need assistance for any of these items we are here to help. Remember, the best way to prevent plumbing problems is prevention.