What To Do If You Need Heater Repair PhiladelphiaPosted by Derrick Jackson on Nov 25, 2012 in Water Heater Repair | 0 comments
“How Often should your heating system be cleaned and heater repair Philadelphia
1) Remove chimney cap and inspect the base of the chimney to ensure flue gases are escaping properly.
2) Check all electrical controls and wiring.
3) Remove all dirt sitting at the base of the chimney and burner assembly.
4) Make a visible inspection of circulating pump, pipes and fittings around heater.
5) Watch pressure/temperature gauge and add water if necessary.
6) Replace thermocople and/or filter.
7) Inspect safety relief valve and discharge pipe for signs of leakage.
8) Make sure shutoff valves, switches and thermostat work properly. If not, you will need heater repair in Philadelphia.
By having this type of service done once a year, you prevent heater repair Philadelphia and small problems from turning into expensive repairs, reduce the risk and discomfort of having no heat at all, and increase the efficiency and life of your heater. Failure to have your heater serviced annually by a skilled technician could result in equipment failure, severe personal injury or substantial property damage.
If you have hot water heat, and maintain it properly, you will get 20 to 30 years out of it with occasional heater repair in Philadelphia. Cut that time in half if you have hot air heat. Cut those numbers in half again if you do not get proper maintenance. If you need heater repair Philadelphia, call today!